You might remember, (ages ago now), I found an old tealight holder which I planned to alter. Well, I finally got round to it today.
I base painted it black and then wax rubbed over to add a bit of depth.
It had glass windows which were really manky, so I cleaned them up as best as I could. I had some new 'bird' plates from Crafty Individuals which I thought I'd combine with older CI bird images, and here's the result.
I stamped the images, coloured them with distress inks and chalks then cut to fit the windows. They were secured with clear two sided tape. It needed more interest and dimension, so I decided to add elemants on the front of the glass too.
Here I added individual leaves cut from CI-248 and a flower with a flat backed pearl.
New birds plate CI-247 and couple of tiny words stamped and cut from the music plate, CI-194.
A different bird from CI-248 again, silk leaves and a flower.
CI-191, Wren and a couple more words and music notes from the music plate CI194.
A sentiment from the lovely new word plate CI-256, cut into sections so it would fit the space available. The two tiny birds are also from the word plate and were stamped on tissue, cut out roughly and stuck onto card, one turned over to get the mirror image.